- Are you ready to be a homeowner?
- Hire a Realtor®
- Get pre-approved
- Look at homes
- Choose a home
- Get funding
- Make an offer
- Get insurance
- What’s next?!
- Mortgage meltdown — never count on your financing until it’s final/closed…
- Count your costs — keep track of your mounting costs and fees…
- Budget time & money for repairs — they’ll cost you, in more ways than one…
- Multiple visits are okay — don’t be shy if you want to re-visit the home…
- Learn (& love) thy neighbors — it can make or break your living situation…
There have already been a few items to watch in the burgeoning spring market, particularly around price, sales and inventory. Median sales prices are on the rise while sales have been a wee bit stubborn emerging from winter hibernation. Meanwhile, more choices are still needed for eager buyers. There’s still plenty of time for the market to catch fire, and there’s no reason to believe that it won’t.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending April 26:
• New Listings increased 25.6% to 1,906 • Pending Sales decreased 2.4% to 1,212 • Inventory increased 0.5% to 14,318
For the month of March:
• Median Sales Price increased 7.6% to $189,950 • Days on Market decreased 12.0% to 95 • Percent of Original List Price Received remained flat at 95.0 • Months Supply of Inventory decreased 3.0% to 3.2